Control Pack for Ford 7.3 V8 ‘Godzilla’ Crate Engine
OBR has put together an engine control pack for Ford's 7.3 V8 'Godzilla' engine. This kit includes our new OBR E8G controller, a bespoke OBR engine wiring harness (build using motorsports high quality wire) and a manifold air pressure and temperature sensor.
All standard sensors, actuators and drive-by-wire throttle body are used, no exchange of parts is required. Updating the ECU and the tune for use with for example a performance camshaft, a supercharger or turbo is quite straight forward calibration wise. Several of our dealers are already offering various performance updates.
Swapping this engine into your classic Ford and worried about drive ability? No need to worry at all, the control package can be extended to include 4 wheel speed sensors to add traction control.
Our base crate engine kit includes these parts:
- OBR E8G stand alone engine controller - ONE single module to control your engine!
- New OBR high quality engine wiring harness for our E8G controller and with standard Ford connectors for all sensors, actuators, coils and injectors.
- Power supply cable with main relay and fuse plus connections for fuel pump relay, fan relay and tach.
- E8G gasoline calibration for the standard crate engine using standard fuel injectors, ignition coils, throttle body and all sensors. Loads of power and torque.
- Bosch TMAP air pressure and air temperature sensor used for calibration.
This kit controls all standard sensors, coils and actuators:
- The standard drive-by-wire throttle body, reading its data stream directly.
- Variable camshaft timing in closed loop.
- Variable oil pressure in closed loop.
- Standard ignition coils.